To Amuse and Delight

Monday, June 1, 2009

backyard babies


About 3 weeks ago a robin decided to build her nest directly in front of my kitchen window in our old magnolia bush. Since the parents are quite protective I planned my photo carefully. As soon as Betty and Arnold flew off to pull worms I ran to the nest and quickly clicked 3 pictures. In the first picture the birds were still with beaks down. As you can see by the third picture one was roused up hoping to get a meal from me. I thought how like them we people must appear before God. Blind, helpless and always hungry. 

1 comment:

  1. lovely. love your analogy. i am always amazed that all the baby birds can fit into such a small place. but i guess it's not much different than carrying an 8 lb. baby(give or take) in my belly. =)

    ReplyDelete