To Amuse and Delight

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I used to make dolls.....



Twelve years ago I started making dolls. Ten years ago I got pregnant and stopped making dolls. It's not that I decided to stop, actually I just forgot about it. I'm a very attached kind of mom. I was way to busy enjoying my little ones to think of sewing. Once the girls got a bit older I found pockets of time appearing in my day and I began sewing again. It has only been about 1 1/2 years that I've been back at it. I started the etsy shop and started making cute things to put in it. Even though that continues to be really fun I am now getting the urge to pick up where I left off ten years ago. Not always cute, but definitely interesting. I'm itching to see what is going to come out of my head. I hope you will stick around to see what comes next.

The doll shown here is named Var. She was auctioned off at a benefit for Love 146.org, an great organization dedicated to stopping child sex trafficking abroad and here in the US. Please, go to their site, get educated and if you can, get involved.

1 comment:

  1. Way cool that she became part of the solution, if only in a small way.

    ReplyDelete