To Amuse and Delight

Monday, June 23, 2014

Fox stole and Barbie shirt


Well, I finally finished my daughter's Fox Stole. I haven't been in the mood to knit if you can believe that. 


With the garden and other outdoor activities to keep me busy it was a struggle to finish it up. We really do like how it came out, so there will be more foxes in the future. We're already playing with the colors and sizes.


I made this shirt a couple of days ago. I asked my daughter what she thought about it. "It looks like a Barbie shirt", she answered. 

I have a collection of Barbie and Dawn Dolls and their clothes. I especially go for the mod era.  Maybe she connects it with the first Barbie's black and white striped bathing suit. Her comment made me wonder if this shirt really did come from all the doll clothes embedded deep in my psyche.



No comments:

Post a Comment