To Amuse and Delight

Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring is coming!!

Last week we went down by the Hudson River to take a walk. The water was frozen and was sticking up in sharp slabs almost onto the land. It was amazing. You could actually walk on the river, a river of large green pointed vertical slabs of ice. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. I have been thinking about how amazing it was and waiting for a day when I could return to take pictures. Today was that day. We were free, the sun was shining, so we went back down to the river with a winter picnic. 

But, when we got to the river's edge the ice was gone. What ice that was left was swiftly floating downstream. Instead of feeling disappointed that I wouldn't see that ice again until next year I was excited because Spring is coming!

 "The world is a beautiful book, but of little use to him who cannot read it." 
- Carlo Goldini, 1757

No comments:

Post a Comment